Marketing for capital equipment is specialized. With a lifecycle that can be more complex than your average B2B sale, marketers need to take advantage of every opportunity—especially the ones that are masking themselves as challenges.
Read on about some unique business challenges for the capital equipment industry and how we’ve used digital advertising to help.
Opportunity #1: New Locations
In such a competitive industry, breaking into a new market where you have no public awareness can be a challenge. Whether opening a new location or acquiring a struggling competitor, you need every potential buyer to find you. When they might be searching for an outdated name or simply looking for a specific solution, digital advertising allows a dealership to quickly build regional awareness and authority where there was none.
Utilizing a branded digital ad campaign to bid on a company’s past and current name, plus variations as keywords, is one of the best ways to build momentum for a brand that is new to a region. It puts your name into the community’s mindshare when searched and redirects traffic you would otherwise lose.
Opportunity #2: Addressing Areas of Improvement
If you work at a driven capital equipment dealership, there is always at least one line of business that isn’t succeeding as well as desired. With specific strategic campaign build-outs and budget allocation, digital advertising can help you generate leads specific to your “suffer” areas like:
- Equipment Specific Sales - If there are specific types of equipment a dealership is having a difficult time moving, or even if there are models struggling in your market, building highly-specific ads with keywords that focus on these equipment specifics helps boost your visibility to potential new buyers.
- Rental Drought - Using the knowledge of your industry, building out a digital advertising campaign that focuses on a specific business line during certain times of year will help you get found online. For instance, if you know what months of the year your buyers are looking to rent vs buy equipment based on previous buying habits, publishing display ads that direct users to your rental page during those peak months is pivotal.
- Maintenance & Service - Looking for more service leads? Digital advertising offers a variety of approaches, from general keywords around equipment repair to more specific tasks like an oil change or tire replacement. You can also communicate benefits of signing on to a scheduled maintenance program by reaching previous customers through Gmail ad campaigns or remarketing to past visitors of your service-related website pages.
Opportunity #3: Long Tail Buying Cycle
Like many B2B sales cycles, the buying process for capital equipment can take a long time. Between 2016 and 2017, Google found that on average, there’s been a 10% increase in capital equipment-related searches. By utilizing digital advertising, you can focus on your buyers throughout the entire process while leading them down a path to the right purchase for their needs.
- Awareness & Interest: Build brand awareness within your region as well as the surrounding areas before people start shopping using highly targeted display campaigns. For example, serving ads to individuals who are browsing pages related to capital equipment.
- Consideration & Intent: Appear first in Google for search terms related to your products and services as users actively embark on their buying journey online.
- Decision: Remarket to past website visitors as a continual reminder of your business and the solutions you offer. RLSA (remarketing lists for search ads) guarantees that you will continually appear at the top of search to prospects who have already shown and continue to show interest in you. Run these ads even after someone buys from you.
Utilizing the full gamut of digital advertising methods and techniques, moving your customers down the path to purchase has never been as targeted or streamlined.
Getting Started With Digital Advertising
For nearly a decade, Adpearance has tested and optimized the digital advertising tactics above to deliver results for the capital equipment industry. From 2017 to 2018, on average we saw:
- An average ad conversion increase of 61.5%
- An average decrease in cost-per-lead of 33.5%
- An average increase in total visits or sessions of 5.3%
With years of experience in digital advertising focused on the capital equipment industry, Adpearance wants to work with you. Better yet, get a $500 advertising credit when you sign up for digital advertising services with Adpearance. Sign up today!