Aligning your digital marketing with Google’s micro-moments is all about getting in front of the right customer, at the right time, with the right information. Decrease conversion costs and get the most from your advertising spend by targeting shoppers who are ready-to-buy.
It’s no secret that mobile technology has drastically changed the way we do business. Mobile has become integrated into each part of our daily lives, bringing about a fundamental change in the way people consume media. As time spent online has evolved into many fragmented interactions throughout the day, consumer behavior has also changed. Google has invested deeply in researching this evolution and the rise in mobile adoption. Some of the stand-out findings that speak to the role of mobile in the shift in consumer behavior:
- 82% of smartphone users use their phones to influence a purchase decision in a store
- 90% of smartphone users have used their phone to make progress towards a long-term goal or multi-step process while out and about
- 91% of smartphone users turn to their phone for ideas while doing a given task
Smartphones are the resource in consumers’ hands that they turn to in times of need or when expecting an immediate answer. The ubiquity of smartphones in a wide range of processes, from working toward a goal to making a purchase, led Google to develop the concept of micro-moments.
Micro-moments are the seemingly impulsive times in a consumer's journey where they are acting on a need. In Google’s research, micro-moments have come to illustrate the modern customer journey that doesn’t follow a logical, ordered path. There’s no longer a clearly defined path to purchase, but brands can look to micro-moments as the crucial moments where preferences are shaped and decisions are made.
>>> CONTINUE READING The Essential Guide to Lower Conversion Costs with Micro-Moments
To learn about Google's micro-moments and how to use them to inform your automotive dealership's digital advertising strategy for better results access the complete guide below.
In the guide, you'll learn:
- The important micro-moments in the automotive sales process
- How to align micro-moments and digital advertising
- How to lower conversion costs with a micro-moment based advertising strategy
Fill out the form below to download the guide.