Adpearance is a rapidly-growing technology company in Portland, Oregon with deep software development and digital marketing capabilities. We are currently looking to add a Back-End Developer to our team.
This specific position on the Research & Development team focuses on backend development work for Foureyes®, our patented sales intelligence platform. We’re looking for a Back-End Developer to help our platform advance to the next level. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining our Node.js backend and API (written using GraphQL). Responsibilities also include collaborating with other developers and our product teams to ensure the platform functions as required by our various applications.
We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge and want to be a part of something special!
If you join the team, you'll be:
- Building cool stuff. Foureyes is the only technology in the world that can connect phone calls, forms, and chats to website activity—and the market is very excited for every advancement.
- Working with a collaborative, high-performing team of strong technical talent. The right candidate will wow them and be challenged by them.
- Balancing a combination of innovation and new feature development with maintenance of existing technology.
- Part of the solution. We want developers who have a perspective, and you’ll have a voice in the approach.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have a strong academic record. A CS degree is preferred, but not required with relevant experience.
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience working with MySQL databases and ORMs.
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience working with backend systems and writing and consuming APIs (even better if in Node.js).
- You are comfortable reading code written in other languages such as Java and using UNIX shell commands.
- You have a strong working knowledge of version control software, specifically Git.
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services, and other cloud services and associated APIs.
- You are a problem solver. You can understand the full scope of a problem and build a solution that addresses the need from start to finish. And you love to do it.
- You're detail oriented.
- You are versatile.
- You care about code quality. You take pride in writing testable code with full coverage unit tests.
- You get things done. You don't just solve problems. You find new ones and solve those too.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, generous PTO, transportation stipend, Employee Assistance Program, paid family leave, life insurance, & pet insurance
- Community service and professional development opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)