Adpearance is a fast-growing, award-winning, marketing and sales intelligence technology company based in Portland OR. We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our all-star Accounting team.
This role is primarily responsible for overseeing and producing all financial reporting information for the Chief Financial Officer, and will directly supervise the functions of the Accounting team.
- Present monthly and as-needed financial information to the CFO.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements and assist in corporate reporting package.
- Prepare for and assist with required audits and tax preparation.
- Manage monthly and quarterly state sales tax filings.
- Oversee, support and supervise the responsibilities of the Accounting team.
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables and the monthly close process.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Provide financial analysis and assist with special projects as deemed necessary by the CFO.
Who You Are:
- You are action oriented. You have the work ethic to do what it takes to meet deadlines and have fun while doing it.
- People know they can count on you to deliver. You have a track record of results.
- You have a minimum of five years of experience leading Finance and Accounting teams within technology and data-driven environments.
- You are a natural leader. Your employees are better because of you. You have a track record of developing great talent and motivating high-achieving teams.
- You communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- You work well in a collaborative environment as well as autonomously.
- You pay meticulous attention to detail and stay extremely organized in a sometimes high-pressure and rapidly moving environment.
- You can prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and make solid decisions based on company policies and industry best practices.
- You possess vision but are also excited to roll up your sleeves and get in the trenches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- CPA Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related work experience with a combination of public and full cycle GAAP accounting.
- Ability to consistently create a professional, well documented work product.
- Experience in a high growth SaaS company.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- People management experience preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, generous PTO, transportation stipend, Employee Assistance Program, paid family leave, life insurance, & pet insurance
- Community service and professional development opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)