Adpearance is a rapidly growing, award winning, marketing and sales intelligence company based in Portland, OR. Using a combination of technology and services, Adpearance helps businesses drive more sales.
As many business owners can attest, the digital age has dramatically changed customer expectations and the role of sales. Adpearance supports smarter sales and marketing with technology built on our patented sales intelligence platform, Foureyes®, as well as better lead generation through digital advertising, agency services, and our proprietary website solutions. Today, Adpearance is 160 employees strong, helping thousands of clients generate leads and increase sales.
This is a pivotal and dynamic time in the development of Adpearance, and we are creating a new position in the Director of Business Development. We need a charismatic, positive and capable business development leader to enhance and build new relationships with enterprise clients and technology partners.
Expand relationships: Adpearance is an established figure in automotive with OEMs including FCA, Volkswagen, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, and Acura among others. You will deepen those existing relationships, gaining trust and expanding our partnerships.
Create new relationships: There is significantly more opportunity available among manufacturers, marketplaces, and leading companies than what Adpearance has realized today. You will navigate the opportunities, develop strategies to penetrate, and realize new partnerships.
Partner hard: Because of our patented software, we see companies that could be considered competitors as partners. You’ll gain trust and improve Foureyes opportunities on behalf of common customers.
Speak and present: From large-venue education sessions to national trade shows, you will produce and present unique educational content to industry influencers and potential clients in a fresh, humanizing and engaging way.
Listen and educate: As a front-lines communicator with our clients, OEMs and technology partners, you’ll share detailed insights with internal departments including sales, marketing and R&D to refine our products and positioning to better solve felt business needs.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Crafting and executing business development strategies
- Further developing our exceptional Business Development team members
- Identifying speaking opportunities, crafting presentations that push the boundaries of PowerPoint, and presenting dynamic content
- Enhancing partnership agreements, including the ownership of networking, proposals, negotiations and contracting with technology partners, consultants, brokers, and others
- Traveling; expect to be out of the office a minimum of twice a month
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to share competitive insights and inform product development and messaging based on a deep understanding of the landscape
- Collaborating with the Adpearance executive team to ensure partner strategy and company goal alignment
Who You Are:
- You are a natural leader. People routinely follow you (in a non-stalkerish way). You exude trust and confidence. You have a track record of developing great talent and motivating high-achieving teams.
- You thrive with an audience. Five or 500, you love to win over audiences. You’re just as comfortable on camera as onstage.
- You are substantive, not slick. You know that elbow grease gets more done than even the best hair product. People gravitate towards your gravatas.
- Change is your middle name. Our company is constantly evolving. You embrace new ideas and change in big ways (new products) and little ways (today’s schedule).
- You don’t expect a training manual (what a relief; there isn’t one). You learn best by observing, doing, and always improving.
- Even procurement loves you. You have experience and a detailed nature with complex negotiations for long-term relationship management.
- You partner hard. In the small world of automotive, everyone is your partner. You get that and win over even the toughest competition.
- You have a track record of successfully attracting and generating significant contracts that exceed quota objectives.
- You have a minimum of seven years of experience leading sales and/or business development teams in either technology or marketing environments.
- You have a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
For extra credit, you’ll have:
- Experience in the auto industry
- Established relationships and large network in the auto industry
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, generous PTO, transportation stipend, Employee Assistance Program, paid family leave, life insurance, & pet insurance
- Community service and professional development opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)