Adpearance is a rapidly-growing technology company in Portland, Oregon with deep software development and digital marketing capabilities. We are currently looking to add a full stack developer to our team.
We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge and want to be a part of something special!
This specific position on our Tools & Web Solutions team focuses on full stack development work for both client projects as well as internal tools and systems. The selected candidate will be working on a mix of React/Laravel applications as well as additional PHP projects (both for client projects and internal tools). They will need to be comfortable modifying an existing React application, as well as adding new features based on client requests. They will need to be self-sufficient in both time-management and in designing and building solutions for client problems.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have a strong academic record. A CS degree is preferred, but not required with relevant experience.
- You have at least 2 years experience working with React in a professional environment.
- You have at least 2 years experience working with Laravel/PHP in a professional environment.
- You are comfortable working with MySQL databases and ORMs.
- You are comfortable working with and consuming REST APIs.
- You are comfortable reading code written in other languages such as Java and using UNIX shell commands.
- You have a strong working knowledge of version control software, specifically Git.
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services, and other cloud services and associated APIs.
- You are comfortable interfacing directly with clients and are not intimidated or frustrated by working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- You are a problem solver. You can understand the full scope of a problem and build a solution that addresses the need from start to finish. And you love to do it.
- You're detail oriented.You are versatile.You care about code quality.
- You take pride in writing testable code with full coverage unit tests, and participating in team-lead code reviews.
- You get things done. You don't just solve problems. You find new ones and solve those too.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, generous PTO, transportation stipend, Employee Assistance Program, paid family leave, life insurance, & pet insurance
- Community service and professional development opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)