Adpearance is a rapidly-growing digital marketing company in Portland, Oregon. This position is for Foureyes (Foureyes.io), Adpearance’s sister company. Foureyes is a sales intelligence software that puts people in positions to succeed.
We are growing quickly and looking to add an additional Product Designer to our team. Our design team works as part of our product team to design intuitive interfaces and a seamless user experience. As the third member of our design team, you will be working collaboratively to propose well-thought out solutions and innovations that continue to improve our product platform.
We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge and want to be a part of something special!
As a product designer, you’ll be responsible for:
- User Research: You use research to gain a deeper understanding of customer’s needs that provides the foundation your design solutions are built upon. You ask why, a lot. You are able to distill your findings to the rest of the team and be an advocate for the user.
- Foureyes Design System: You understand the importance of a design system and help contribute to its creation and maintenance. You get excited at the thought of creating the perfect Sketch Library file.
- High-Fidelity Mockups: You combine all your skills together to create beautiful, well-thought out, and functional interfaces that utilize our design system. You are able to present these to the product team and stakeholders as a clickable prototype and work with developers to make your designs a reality.
- Email Development: You assist in the development of our outbound email solution using HTML and CSS. You enjoy an interesting challenge and are comfortable troubleshooting.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced: You have at least 1-3 years of experience designing software or web applications. UI design is your passion and you know Sketch better than you know your own family.
- Curious: You enjoy solving complex problems in simple and elegant ways. Finding the perfect solution within capabilities and technical constraints gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Tech and human: You have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS and are able to design with what is under-the-hood in mind. You can use your technical understanding to communicate with your team and work together on solutions.
- Detail-Oriented: You understand that in design, every pixel counts. You believe consistency is key and that is reflected in your designs as well as your code.
- Collaborative: You have experience working on a cross-functional team and understand that we are all in this together. You are comfortable receiving feedback on your work and contributing to design critiques on the product team.
Bonus points if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a similarly relevant field
- Experience with Abstract, Bitbucket, Github, or other version control software
- Designed a product to accommodate a large set of data
- Developed or helped maintain an enterprise-level design system
- Proficiency in SCSS, MJML, or other helper frameworks
- Previous experience working in Agile or a similar iterative approach
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, generous PTO, transportation stipend, Employee Assistance Program, paid family leave, life insurance, & pet insurance
- Community service and professional development opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)